Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snow lessons

Four things I learned during Snowpocalypse 2011:

1. Do not mock the panic-driven pre-storm shoppers. Join them. If it turns out to be a false alarm, you have enough eggs, milk, and bread to make a LOT of French toast. Yum.


2. Working from home is awesome…for about 2.5 days. Then you start getting weird and watching your neighbors from behind the slits in your window blinds. I didn’t do this. I just feel like people might end up doing that if they were stuck in their own house for four days and heard noises outside and wondered “is that another car trying to make it up the hill? Which car? The silver one? It sounds like the silver one…wait…no, no it’s totally the white SUV. They’ll make it. They have made it the past 4 times. I’ll supervise just in case.”

3. Daytime tv is total crap.  Daytime tv commercials are even worse. I’m looking at you, Binder and Associates.

4. I can never, ever, ever, ever live someplace that experiences weather like that on a daily basis. I will end up in the fetal position. On medication. Doing CIA-style surveillance on my neighbors.

No comments: